Applying for a New Certification in Kentucky

Candidates for new certification who have completed an approved educator preparation program in Kentucky, or who are seeking a rank change based on an approved Kentucky program, please complete the process below.


The CA-1 form can be located by creating/logging into your EPSB account, clicking on the Online Document Submission link under the My Profile section, and downloading application “A: Application for Kentucky Certification or Change in Salary Rank”.  

Beginning May 1, 2019: applicants must upload their completed applications through the Online Document Submission portal located in your EPSB account. All documents required for the application except for transcripts are permitted to be uploaded through your account.


The $85.00 fee will need to be paid online through your EPSB account. If you need assistance with username/password resets or account registration, please contact our Help Desk at (502) 564-4606.

Submitting Official Transcripts:

Official Bachelor’s and Master’s/graduate (if applicable) transcripts must be submitted in addition to the application.
Transcripts are only considered official if submitted the one of the following ways:  

  • Sent by mail on official transcript paper to:

KDE Certification,
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601.  

*Official transcripts that are mailed or dropped off at the office are NOT returned to the applicant.  

  • Electronic transcripts sent DIRECTLY from the institution's third-party transcript provider to Electronic transcripts are not accepted if printed by or forwarded by the applicant. 


The Kentucky PRAXIS requirements can be found on the ETS website.  If you have tested outside of Kentucky, select the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (code 7283) to have ETS electronically submit your scores to our office. Tests taken in Kentucky should automatically be reported to the Education Professional Standards Board.

Last modified: Friday, February 7, 2020, 2:41 PM