Applying for a New Certification in Kentucky
Welcome to the Online Certificate Application (CA-1) Process. Candidates for new certification who have completed an approved educator preparation program in Kentucky or who are seeking a Rank change based on an approved Kentucky program will follow this process. Out-of-state applicants must complete and submit the paper version of the CA-1.
- Sign into your EPSB account, OR if you don’t have one, click Create New Account.
- Once on your dashboard screen, click Online Applications located under EPSB Online Services.
- Click Create Application.
- Carefully read the onscreen directions and click Continue.
- Select the type of application you want to submit.
- Select In State. Out-of-state applicants must complete and submit the paper version of the CA-1.
- If you are listed as a completer of your program, you will be allowed to continue the application. Otherwise, you will need to contact your education preparation provider to update your status in the EPSB Admission & Exit system.
- Enter or verify your demographic information.
- Enter College Attendance Record with all degree programs. Official transcripts must be mailed to the EPSB.
- Select the program name or credential from the Program Enrollment screen for which you are applying.
- Enter any out-of-state certificates, licenses, or credentials you currently hold.
- Complete the Character and Fitness questions and save your answers. Please note, you will be required to digitally sign TWICE.
- Pay any applicable fees using the ePay services when prompted.