School Principal Certification
The Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board issues a five-year Professional Certificate for Principal to applicants who:
- Fill out CA-1 application form;
- Upon approval of CA-1, the EPSB will issue a 5-year Statement of Eligibility;
- After employment is obtained, applicant must submit Confirmation of Employment, then complete one year in the Kentucky Principal Internship Program (KPIP); and
- Make the appropriate payment through ePay online payment service for certification fees. Please note that any other forms of payment are not accepted and will be returned to the applicant.
Statement of Eligibility (SOE)
- The SOE allows candidates five years to apply and receive employment as a principal/assistant principal in a Kentucky school. During the first year of employment, the Kentucky Principal Internship Program (KPIP) must be successfully completed. (Currently the KPIP program is suspended due to budget constraints.)
- If the applicant does not participate in KPIP within the five (5) year period, the applicant may renew the SOE by repeating and passing the assessments in effect at that time or by completing a minimum of six (6) graduate hours, directly related to instructional leadership, management, or supervision, at a regionally or nationally accredited institution. (If KPIP is suspended, the hiring district sends a Confirmation of Employment to EPSB and a principal certificate will be issued.)
- The option for renewal through completion of graduate hours shall be available only for the first reestablishment of eligibility.
Last modified: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 11:06 AM