Adjunct Instructor for Teaching Grades P-12
PLEASE REVIEW THE INFORMATION BELOW. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU MAY BE AN ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE THROUGH THIS ROUTE, PLEASE CONTACT MELINDA PENNY AT: Melinda.firstname.lastname@example.org
You are a candidate for this route if you:
- Have an offer of employment;
- Have expertise in a specific area:
- For elementary certification have a bachelor's degree with an overall GPA of 2.75;
- For middle or secondary certification have an overall GPA of 2.75 and have a GPA of 2.75 in the major/minor or area of concentration in the subject to be taught; or
- For vocational education certification have a high school diploma and at least four years of appropriate occupational experience.
A candidate meeting these requirements is employed in a part-time position on an annual contract basis and is not eligible for continuing service status or retirement provisions. A school district may contract with an adjunct instructor on an hourly, daily, or periodic basis. The local school district must provide an orientation program for adjunct instructors.
This route does not lead to full state certification.