Superintendent Certification Renewal
Each five-year renewal shall require:
- Completion of a CA-2 application;
- Completion of two years of experience as a school superintendent or assistant superintendent; and
- Three semester hours of additional graduate credit or the equivalent related to the position of school superintendent; or
- Completion of forty-two (42) hours of approved training selected from programs approved for the Kentucky Effective Instructional Leadership Training Program; and
- Appropriate payment through ePay online payment service for certification fees. Please note that any other forms of payment are not accepted and will be returned to the applicant.
Additional Information: If a lapse in certification occurs for lack of the renewal requirements, the certificate shall be reissued for a five-year period after the completion of an additional six semester hours of graduate study or the equivalent appropriate to the program.