Superintendent Certification Renewal
Each five-year renewal shall require:
- Completion of an online CA-2 application on the Kentucky Educator Credentialing System (KECS);
- Completion of two (2) years of experience as a school
superintendent or assistant superintendent; OR
- Three semester hours of new graduate level coursework in
educational leadership; OR
- Forty-two (42) hours of approved Effective Instructional Leadership Act (EILA) training.
- Appropriate payment through the KECS system via the ePay online payment service for certification fees. Please note that any other
forms of payment are not accepted and will be returned to the applicant.
*You must submit your completed application online through your EPSB account using the Online Document Submission Portal. Please use these instructions (CLICK HERE) to assist with submitting online.
To renew on EILA training:
Your district may check the designated box on the CA-2 form if they assist with maintaining your EILA records. If they do not, you will need to provide copies of the EILA certificates received for the training with the CA-2 application.
To submit official transcripts:
Transcripts are considered official if submitted one of the following ways:
- Sent by mail on official
transcript paper to:
300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601.
- Electronic transcripts
sent DIRECTLY from the institution's third-party transcript
provider (National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc.) to KDELicensure@education.ky.gov.
(If required to select from a drop down menu instead of entering an email
address, please select the KY EPSB)
Electronic transcripts are not accepted if printed by, uploaded or forwarded by the applicant.
Additional Information: If a lapse in certification occurs for lack of the renewal requirements, the certificate shall be reissued for a five-year period after the completion of an additional six semester hours of new graduate level coursework in educational leadership.