4.1 Overview and Objectives
Continuing Education Option
The Kentucky Teacher Standards
Overview and Objectives, Lesson 4. Section 1
At this point you have:
- assessed your strengths and growth needs through a Self-Assessment Questionnaire,
- created a CEO vision,
- developed teacher, school, and community profiles,
- determined correlated teacher and school needs in Instructional Content, Instructional Strategies, and Leadership Skills,
- developed one goal statement for each of the three CEO areas, and written three teacher and three student objectives
In Lesson 4, you will begin to closely examine the CEO Professional Development Portfolio Rubric (CEO Portfolio Rubric) which encompasses the Kentucky Teacher Standards Advanced-Level Performances. You will collect artifacts as evidence that you have met the indicators.
Upon completion of the CEO process, each indicator will then be scored by an EPSB approved scoring team to determine if rank change has been earned.
As you proceed through each phase of CEO, you will organize all evidence and/or artifacts into binders as part of your final CEO Portfolio as discussed in Lesson 9 of this course.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- describe the purpose of the CEO Portfolio Rubric.
- begin collecting evidence and/or artifacts that align to the Kentucky Teacher Standards Advanced-Level Performances.
- establish a plan for your Leadership Project.