Praxis Testing - at Home
What is the Praxis®Tests at Home Solution?
- The same research-based, valid and reliable Praxis®Tests you know and trust, delivered at home while test centers are closed due to the coronavirus.
- The Praxis®Tests at Home are identical in content, format and on-screen experience to those taken at a test center.
- They use the same scoring criteria, scoring process and score scale, so scores can be accepted and used in the same way.
- They are offered at the same price to test takers as testing in a center.
- They include the same test-taker friendly features, such as the ability to skip questions within a section, go back and change answers, and use an on-screen calculator.
The Test Delivery method
- Testing will take place through test takers’ personal desktop and laptop computers at home.
- Testing will not be supported on tablets or mobile phones.
- Test sessions will be monitored in real-time through the use of human proctors and artificial intelligence technology.
- The entire test session will be recorded on video.
Praxis Tests at Home will be available across the United States and its territories until test centers at least return to full-capacity testing.
Testing sessions will be available 10 a.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern Time, seven days a week including holidays.
Tests will be launched in two rounds:
May 15, 2020: Registration opens for the 30 most-commonly taken tests.
June 1, 2020: Registration opens for the next 16 most-commonly taken tests.
Test takers can visit the Praxis program website (https://www.ets.org) to learn which tests will be available.
Test takers register for their tests with ETS, then schedule their testing appointments with ProctorU®
Test takers are advised to complete the Equipment and Environment Check list prior to registering and scheduling tests. Test sessions will not proceed if the computer and testing room don’t meet the requirements.
If test takers wish to reschedule an existing appointment at a test center for a Praxis test at Home appointment, they will need to contact Praxis Customer Service 1-800-772-9476.
How to Register at ETS:
Test takers follow the standards steps to start on the Praxis®test registration. To get started, they should:
Have identification (ID) documents ready.
Set up a Praxis account, if they don’t have one.
Make sure the name on the account matches the name on their primary ID.
Log into their account, find the My Praxis home page, and select Register/Find Test Centers.
Find the Test Centers and Dates page and select the option for the Praxis Tests at Home. Select a test date and time later with ProctorU®.
Follow the directions to continue the registration and pay for the tests.
Receive an email from ETS confirming payment.
Receive an email from ProctorU with a link and temporary password to set up a ProctorU account to select a test date and time.
Stay up to date at our informational website on coronavirus-related postponements at https://www.ets.org/s/cv/praxis/the-Americas/
EPPs can sign-up for ETS communications at https://www.pages03.net/ets/b2b/subscribe/.
Kentucky Department of Education Contact: