Continuing Education Option
Formal Reflections, Section 4
$USER_NAME$, as you progress throughout the CEO process you will maintain formal reflections of your accomplishments, modifications, or other aspects related to your and your students’ growth over time. You will reflect on the impact your teaching is having on your students’ learning, as it relates to your growth in knowledge and skills.
- using The Three-Step Process Outline for each reflection.
- indicating the type of reflection by using the drop down box: formal or final.
- indicating the type of activity, e.g., professional development, instructional unit.
- dating each journal entry.
- including any information that will help the scorer easily identify your and your students’ growth over time.
The Three-Step Process Outline
Step 1: Description
List the activity, based on the PD plan. Examples of discussion items might be:
Steps 2: Analysis
Briefly describe the activity or item listed above, providing an overview of the item/activity using your professional judgment as it relates to your CEO program.
Step 3: Reflection
Reflect on how the previous activity or item helped you or your students.
This step should communicate three effects: