Kentucky Teacher Internship Program (KTIP)
The Kentucky Teacher Internship Program (KTIP) is suspended until June 30, 2020. Due to budgetary constraints and lack of available funds this program is temporarily suspended during the current biennium budget.
KTIP is an internship program designed to provide assistance to new teachers. Its main goal is to help new teachers experience a successful first year in the classroom.
Forms and Resource Information
There are no specific Infant Early Childhood Education (IECE) forms. All interns and committee members will use the same materials.
KTIP Forms for Interns and Committee Members
- KTIP Handbook
- Intern Performance Record-Template
- Intern Performance Record-Word Version
- Record of Teacher Internship Year (RITY)
- Implementation Guide
Sources of Evidence Templates
- Intern Information Sheet
- Lesson Plan
- Post Observation Reflection
- Professional Growth Plan
- Professional Involvement Log
- Records and Communications
- Self Assessment
- Student Voice Survey 3-5
- Student Voice Survey 6-12
- Student Voice Directions
- Student Voice Worksheet
- Parent Letter for Student Voice
- Kentucky Teacher Standards
- IECE Teacher Standards
- Kentucky Framework for Teaching
- Approvable Mentoring Time
- Tuition Waiver Contacts
- KTIP Handbook MSD Addendum
Deadlines for submitting electronic forms are listed below. All persons involved in the KTIP process, including teacher interns, should become familiar with these deadlines.
- Confirmations of Employment (COEs): must be electronically submitted no later than 30 days from date of employment.
- Resource Teacher Time Sheets (RTTs)
- Fall time sheets must be electronically submitted on or before December 20.
- Spring and full year time sheets must be electronically submitted to the Division of Professional Learning and Assessment on or before May 1.
- Resource teachers' stipends will be paid based on the approvable mentoring hours submitted on their time sheets. Therefore, in order for resource teachers to receive their stipends in a timely manner, the time sheets electronically signed by the intern, resource teacher, and principal must be submitted by the deadlines mentioned above.
- Records of Teacher Internships Year (RTIYs): must be electronically submitted no later than two (2) weeks following the final committee meeting.
Training Dates and Information
Please bring the following materials with you to KTIP training.
All committee members must be trained in both KTIP-TPA and Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE) if they are assigned to an intern who has a Statement of Eligibility (SOE) in IECE.
Statutes and Regulations
There are seven (7) Kentucky Revised Statutes and four (4) Kentucky Administrative Regulations that govern KTIP. The Legislative Research Commission maintains the official files on all Kentucky Administrative Regulations. It is possible that amendments may be in process and are so noted on the LRC webpage. To view changes in progress and/or current Title 16 Kentucky Administrative Regulations, please click here.
Kentucky Revised Statutes
- KRS 161.100 Emergency Certificates
- KRS 161.020 Certificates Required of School Employees
- KRS 161.028 Educational Professional Standards Board
- KRS 161.030 Certification Authority (the enabling statute for KTIP)
- KRS 161.048 Alternative Certification Program
- KRS 161.1222 Pilot teacher Internship Program (closed)
- KRS 161.1221 Out-of-field Teaching
Kentucky Administrative Regulations
- 16 KAR 7:010 Kentucky Teacher Internship Program
- 16 KAR 2:040 Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education, birth to primary
- 16 KAR 2:010 Kentucky teaching certificate
- 16 KAR 2:140 Probationary certificate for teachers of children, birth to primary
Note: Though successful completion of the internship certifies the intern to teach in Kentucky schools, it does not guarantee employment.