Policies and Procedures
1. Proceedings Relating To Action On An Application For Certification Or An Educator’s Certification
1.9. Procedure: Reissuance of a Certificate After Surrender or Revocation
- Approved April 10, 2017
I. When surrender or revocation was for a reason other than misconduct involving the illegal use of controlled substance as defined in KRS 218A.010(6), the following conditions apply:
- The former certificate holder must complete the same application that all educators in Kentucky must complete to obtain certification.
- The former certificate holder bears the burden of proving that the certificate holder is fit for practice.
- The former certificate holder must satisfy all current educational requirements for the certificate sought.
- The Board may include terms and conditions that the Board reasonably deems appropriate as a condition of reissuance in accordance with KRS 161.120(11)(b) if reissuing the certificate.
II. When surrender or revocation was for misconduct involving the illegal use of controlled substance as defined in KRS 218A.010(6), the former certificate holder must comply not only with the requirements set forth above for reissuance of certification after revocation for all other offenses, the former certificate holder will also have to submit to drug testing as set out in the procedures for suspension resulting from illegal use of controlled substances.
III. Regardless of the reason for the revocation, the revocation will be noted on the certificate that is issued and will remain on the EPSB website.
IV. The record of surrender or revocation as well as reissuance shall become part of the educator’s case file.